Every day, our consultants work with thousands of candidates to help them find the right fit for their next role. Last year, we placed over 0 candidates into permanent roles.
Our job search platform will connect you to the latest available positions across Asia.
26 Jul 2022
Head of Accounting
SingaporePermanent PositionA Taiwan Commercial Banking company in Singapore is looking for an experienced Head of Accounting to be responsible for the actions of all employees in Accounting team and the conduct of the business under Accounting purview.
Expires on 31 Aug 2022
- Oversee the department's internal controls and day-to-day accounting operations.
- Continue to keep the Branch's books and records accurate and complete. Examine and look into daily general ledger and subsystem exception reports.
- Daily monitoring, reporting, and projection of the MAS regulatory ratio.
- Ensure that financial reporting complies with Head Office, regional statutory, and MAS regulatory requirements as well as the Bank's accounting policies and procedures.
- In charge of timely delivery of statistical surveys, financial and regulatory reporting, and management reporting.
- Creation of the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Control the payment and claim processing process, including cost allocation guidelines, entry postings, and check book storage.
- Serve as the manual (DV) voucher approval supervisor for standing data maintenance in the core banking and accounting systems.
- Ensure that the purchases and sales of fixed assets are properly authorized, recorded, and accounted for, and that depreciation is accurately charged against specific fixed assets in accordance with Head Office policy.
- Ensure that all bank account reconciliations are completed accurately, on time, and that any items that cannot be reconciled are handled right away.
- Coordinate with external auditors to set up the appointment of the external auditor, the statutory audit, and the annual financial statements.
- On Branch's corporate tax, prepare tax schedules, check tax computations, and communicate with tax agents.
- Respond to the Comptroller of Income Tax's inquiries.
- Updating internal controls and workflows, maintaining the manual of accounting procedures. accountable for overseeing the Bank's financial reporting procedures and resource management.
- Attend and provide relevant accounting information in Risk and ALM Committee meeting and new product committee meeting.
- Any other duties as delegated by the Senior Management.
Posted ByGlenn Wong (Reg No: R1106685)
Tel: +65 6738 firstname.lastname@example.org
- A degree holder has a minimum of 10 years' experience in banking accounting;
- Well-versed in taxes, MAS regulatory legislation, and reporting;
- Significant participation in the implementation of the new MAS reporting regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management abilities with a high level of dedication and zeal
Office Location: Singapore, Central
Interested candidates kindly forward your CV to email@example.com (Glenn Wong, Reg No:R1106685) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Marilyn Koh Hui Ling, Reg No:R21102316). You may email this great opportunity to someone who would be a great fit for this role.
All information will be kept strictly confidential. We regret to inform that only successful applicants will be contacted.
PeopleSearch Pte Ltd
EA License No: 16S8057